Take Flight with your MCAS School Liaison!
The MCAS Miramar school liaison connects parents, schools and the Marine Corps community by providing a wealth of resources and services to enhance the educational experience and outcome of military and civilian students K-12. For more information on the school liaison program, please visit our website by clicking here.
The Perfect Team: Education & the Miramar Air Show
Each year, the school liaison offers the education community the chance to personally experience the Marine Corps. All student groups K-12 are cordially invited to visit the MCAS Miramar Air Show for an opportunity to learn about the military and the world of aviation in a unique, hands-on approach. This experience includes the chance to view and tour static display aircraft and the opportunity to meet and greet military and civilian aviators. It also includes the fortune to watch spectacular performances by the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF), AV-8B Harrier, F-35 Lightning and the U.S. Army Golden Knights to name a few!
To request Air Show tickets, K-12 student groups can access the reservation form that will be set up on this page starting August 1, 2017.
For more information please call the school liaison office at: (858) 577-6633/8625.
- Reservations open for traditional public school districts
- Reservations open for private schools and non-traditional schools (including home school groups of 20 or more students)
- Reservations open for JROTC groups
- All other K-12 groups (like boy scouts, girl scouts, etc) upon approval.
Air Show Tips
- The free grandstand tickets for student groups are valid only for the
- All tickets for each group must be picked up by one point of contact (POC), as indicated at the time of reservation. If the POC has changed, please call the school liaison office at (858) 577-6633/8625 to notify prior to arrival.
- Tickets may be picked up only upon arrival on the day of the performance.
- Groups may arrive via bus or privately-owned vehicles (POV’s). If traveling by multiple POV’s, it would be helpful if you designated a common meeting point for your group.
- We recommend that younger students wear name tags stating their school/group name and POC name and contact information.