Let’s be CLEAR about Air Show Security
NEW SECURITY MEASURES FOR 2016
- Be prepared to show a Photo ID to expedite your access into the Air Show
- You can carry keys, makeup, feminine products, comb, phone, wallet, credit cards, etc. in their pockets if they choose not to put them in a clear bag or clutch.
- You can carry binoculars and/or cameras around their neck or in their hands with or without the case.
- One large clear bag per person is allowed
- Either a one-gallon Ziploc style bag or a commercially purchased clear bag – plus a small clutch for personal items.
- The larger clear bag must be a made of clear PVC vinyl and is easily searched.
- The one-gallon Ziploc bag is readily available, inexpensive and easily searched. The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items and also is easily searched.
- Unlike some event venues, we are not banning all bags. Small clutch purses, with or without a handle or strap, are permitted along with either the large clear bag or the one-gallon freezer bag.
- Large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments, or covers are not permitted. Clear seat cushions and seat pads without pockets, zippers, compartments, or covers are permitted
- Diapers can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, would be allowed to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse on the flight line.
An exception will be made for medical necessary items after proper inspection at a specified lane at each gate designated for this purpose
In addition to the permitted/prohibited items listed above, here are some other prohibited items:
- Bags, Purses, Totes, backpacks & other types of baggage other than bags conforming to the new Clear Bag Policy will not be permitted.
- Weapons of any kind (regardless of permit) to include but not limited to: firearms, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), replica or toy weapons, pepper spray, mace, stun guns, and martial arts weapons
- Outside Alcoholic beverages ( those not purchased at the Air Show)
- Ice chests or coolers that are not medically required
- Pets, other than service animals
- Glass containers
- Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, (kick and electric) scooters, skateboards, or hover boards
- No personal Drones (i.e. quad or hex copters) allowed to operate on Federal Property or airspace
- Lasers or laser pointers
- Federally banned substances such as illicit narcotics
• To download our 2016 Air Show FAQs & Security Policy, click [ here ].